Our services have been making a difference in Northeastern Pennsylvania for over 100 years. Some of the services offered include:
JFS Service Highlights for 2016/2017
- Celebrated our 2nd Annual Community Matters Event.
- Provided food and other necessary household items to the hungry here at home, with 50 pantry visits to The Mae S. Gelb Kosher Food Pantry.
- Assisted individuals and families in crises with critical financial support and emergency services.
- Twenty One individuals were provided Guardianship of Person Services through a contract with the Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging.
- Provided mental health services to 284 individuals, couples and families experiencing challenges in their daily living.
- A collaborative effort between JFS, the Scranton District Dental Society and Fortis Institute provided free dental care for eligible Lackawanna County residents who are uninsured and unable to afford dental treatment.
- Maintained the highest national standards of professional performance as required by the Council on Accreditation.
- Dedicated volunteers delivered 1,700 Kosher Meals on Wheels to frail and homebound elderly.
To schedule an appointment or for additional information, contact our office and a social worker will assist you or email email@example.com.